mardi 22 avril 2008

My first post!

Hello everyone! Let me introduce myself:

I'm Mathieu Plourde. I'm a 20 years old student from the École de technologie supérieure, in Montréal, Québec (Canada). I'm ending my first year (already) in software engineering.

This blog was created for the Google Summer of Code 2008. Do you know what that means? I GOT IN! Woohoo! I'm going to be working (more like having fun) with the SIP Communicator community. My project is to implement file transfer support to other IM clients within SIP Communicator.

IM really excited about this! (Did you see the subtle joke there...not funny I know)

From today, I'll post my weekly/daily progress. Here's my first TODO list!

TODO list:

  • Read about OSGi : I've already learned quite a bit about it, but I don't feel like I know enough, particularly about Apache Felix.

  • Try the different file transfer libraries : I've read about them, checked how they could be used. Now it's time to actually try them and see their potential!

Aucun commentaire: