vendredi 25 avril 2008

It's going fast.

I'm actually learning OSGi/Felix faster than I though! I coded the tutorials and I feel pretty comfortable with Felix. After doing those tutorials I tried compiling and running SIP Communicator...Success! I worked on the first (almost try)...I had 2 small problems with it. The first one was an Ant error while running target rebuild:

"Error starting modern compiler"

The problem was that Eclipse was not using the good JRE (Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs). My JAVA_HOME variable was set to 1.6, while the JRE was 1.5. I changed the current JRE to 1.6, and it worked.

My second problem was another Ant error. I had to run the -deploy-os-specific-bundles since it was my first time use. Ant wouldn't recognize the target as a valid one (because of the first "-"). I simply replaced the target name with something else, ran the target, and restored the target name...

Not big problems if you ask!

So now I'll concentrate on reading the Developer documentation for SIP Communicator. I browsed the source code and I figured that it would be much easier after reading the documentation available.

TODO List:

  • Read the SIP Communicator developper documentation
  • Continue learning about OSGi/Felix (Especially services)

Aucun commentaire: